Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Lombardi's


Party, Lombardi's Pizza Party!

The other day, after an event at the Crosby Hotel, my friend, Cory, and I, went wandering around Nolita and worked up an appetite. In all of my time in New York, I have never been to the famous Lombardi's, so we decided to try the goods at the well regarded and respected pizzeria.
The restaurant is  bustling, loud, and bright, giving off a "cheap and cheerful" vibe.  We ordered a simple pepperoni pizza with mushrooms sprinkled on my half of the pie. The pizza came out covered with the most precious little pepperoni slices and fresh, melted mozzarella cheese sprawled across the evenly sauced pie (Uneven saucing is a pet-peeve of mine.) The crust wasn't too doughy and not too crispy. Overall, the pizza was tasty and satiated our hunger pangs. I can't say the place wowwed me, but Lombardi's puts out a satisfying slice.


*Perfect after a day at the Angelika or shopping.

Lombardi's
32 Spring St
New York, NY 10012
www.lombardisoriginalpizza.com
(212) 941-7994

Lombardi's Pizza on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment