Monday, January 18, 2010

I'm on a Cleanse! Blueprint's Juice 'Til Dinner Cleanse


I hear the clarion call of  the New Year bringing its annual message of transformation and renewal. 2010 will be EPIC and I made resolutions to keep me on course and maintain my positive outlook.  For starters, I've bought a new winter wardrobe (Cake.), cleaned out my address book (Who is that rando?), made a vow to lock my phone (Ghost dialing/emailing will be a thing of the past, I swear! ), and put a stop to hailing cabs when public transportation is a obvious option (Uh, ok, haven't stuck to this.  I get lazy and subway poles in the winter are contaminated with H1N1 and snot.).  But the most routine-altering resolution I made is to embark on a juice cleanse. Yes, me, on a juice cleanse.  I like buttery burnt toast, crispy chicken skin and bacon wrapped around everything-- let's face it--the toxins are pouring out of my eyeballs. A  dietary intervention, in the form of a cleanse, is the necessary prescription.  Perhaps it's my flair for drama, but I  think taking the drastic step of  abstaining from solids will jolt my system into health...and I'm starting TODAY!!!  

I've decided to take a gradual approach and kicking off with Blueprint's Juice 'Til Dinner Option, which will last 3 days. Technically, it is not a cleanse, because solids are incorporated at dinner, hence the name. However, it's pretty close to a cleanse, as I'm weaning myself off of "dairy, meat, sugar, wheat, alcohol, caffeine, additives, or preservatives".

The bottles of juice and my raw food dinners were delivered last night.  For every day of the diet, I was given an insulated bag that contains 4 bottles of juice, a snack and a raw food dinner. 



3 insulated bags of juice/raw food + 2 wedges of cheese + 6 bottles of champagne+ 1 bottle of Creme de Cassis + 1 bottle of ketchup = My refrigerator contents

So far, I've only had the first bottle of juice and sipping the 2nd bottle. The first bottle was what they call "Green Juice", consisting of: Romaine, Celery, Cucumber, Green Apple, Spinach, Kale, Parsey and Lemon. It was actually pretty sugary and somewhat tart. I read some Yelp review that said it takes terrible if you have a ton of toxins in you.  Who knows?   As for the second bottle, it's called Pineapple, Apple and Mint Juice. It tastes pretty on the nose and also quite sweet.   I'm not craving solids at the moment, but damn I miss the taste my daily coffee and croissant right now.  To be continued....

1 comment: