Friday, March 27, 2009

Migraine Food Triggers


The culprit. Booooooo.


I had the worst sweet tooth, when I got home last Tuesday. I had finished the last of my Mochi red bean ice-cream cakes over the weekend and was desperate for sugar. I found a package of Godiva chocolates sitting on my kitchen cupboard. Dark-chocolate Godiva Truffles. As a girl who is not afraid to tempt fate, I had ONE and was knocked out for 3 days. Never again.

Here is a list of Food Migraine Triggers:
  • alcoholic beverages
  • sodium-nitrite-laden meat (hot dogs, deli meats, etc.)
  • MSG
  • aspartame
  • chocolate
  • citrus fruit
  • tyramine (chemical found in aged cheese)
  • caffeine (chemical found in coffee, tea, soda, chocolate, etc.)
  • nuts
  • onions
  • beans
  • pickled herring
  • dried smoked fish
  • dairy products
  • sour cream
  • yogurt (yeast extracts)
  • fatty foods
I eat ALL of these foods on a weekly basis, except for pickled herring and dried smoked fish.
Kill me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment